Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Marshalling My Thoughts

So, instead of doing your typical best-of/worst-of lists here at 2GBC, I think I'm instead going to do sort of a generalized "year-in-review" sort of bit; one post focusing on Marvel, another on DC, and then one on what I call "The rest of y'all", which is anything non-Marvel or non-DC.

"But Chris," the masses cry, "Don't you realize that by categorizing comics thusly you're helping to perpetuate the perceived dominance of the Big Two at the expense of gritty up-and-comers and other established companies? Have you no shame? Have you no decency?"

"No," I reply. "I do not."

Check out the first post tomorrow. Meantime, I've stumbled across yet another typically awesome Gawker Media blog, this one dedicated to science fiction, called io9. Check it, yo.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm new to your blog and wanted to let you know about a great comic panel - Pop Culture Shock Therapy (popculturecomics.com). I guess this one couldn't make it to your Best of 2007 list since I'm telling you about it in 2008, but maybe you'll remember it for your Best of 2008 post. It's a webcomic, but has become very popular in college newspapers, too. It's a parody of pop culture (as if some pop culture weren't a parody in itself!). Check it out and if you like what you see, I'll send you one of the compilation books. Oh, by the way, I do sales & marketing for the comic. Enjoy!

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home